Jonah Cilenti ROTC Interview


 Greg Florczak: How has your time been on campus?

Jonah Cilenti: It's been good, I've really liked it. I know it's traditional for upperclassmen to move off campus, but I really do want to stay here for as long as I can. 

GF: How has your time with ROTC been?
JC:It's been good I really like it. It helps to keep me structured. It gets me up early 3 or 4 times a week but I don't mind, I'm a morning person.

GF: What was been your favorite on campus experience?

JC: I'd say when I played volleyball with friends when I lived in McKay. That's probably been my favorite experience, being able to have that experience my freshmen year.

GF: Has any class had a major effect on you?

JC: I think International Political Economy. My minor is international studies, but when I took that class I was mind-blown (mimics mind blowing). It really opened my eyes to how certain systems work.

GF: What has been your worst on-campus experience?

JC: I saw a dead bird on the way over here but that's not the campus' fault. I think probably whenever it rains, just the drainage here is terrible so campus just floods all the time. 


This interview has been edited for brevity, clarity and style.

Comments